Sass (aka Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets) makes stylesheet development and maintenance tasks easier by simplifying the CSS workflow. Sass looks similar to CSS, but introduces new concepts such as variables, mixins, nestings and selector inheritance. Sass brings programming to the often tedious process of working with CSS and styling webpages.
The Simplify your CSS Workflow with Sass training course covers covers all the essential parts of working with Sass, including installation, compiling to CSS, variables, mixins, extends, imports, functions, and loops and control flow.
Web developers with CSS experience but little-to-no Sass experience.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Assign common CSS properties to Sass variables for easier code reuse.
- Setup nesting styles in Sass.
- Take advantage of mixins and functions to save on tedious copying of common blocks.
- Utilize conditional statements and loops for control flow.
- Install and use the Compass framework with Sass.
This is a one-day, hands-on course.
Introduction to Sass
Tools for Compiling Sass to CSS
Working with Variables
Using Nesting Selectors
Using Extends with Selectors
Using Colors and Color Palettes
- Utilizing Imports
- Loops and Control Flow
Request More Information About This Course