Less is a CSS pre-processor, which makes CSS far easier to write and maintain. Less brings things like variables, mixins, functions to the process of writing CSS. In short, Less brings the strengths of programming to stylesheet creation. It is extremely powerful and can dramatically speed up development time.
The Less Quick Start training course teaches developers the essential parts of using the Less to style web pages. It covers all the syntax of Less, using Less in production, installing/configuring Less, and using all parts of Less to create CSS.
Front-end web developers with HTML and CSS experience.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Incorporate LESS into Web Pages and use its basic syntax correctly.
- Assign common properties to LESS Variables.
- Utilize Mixins, Functions and Operations to make stylesheets easier to maintain and less tedious to write.
This is a one-day, hands-on course.
- HTML and CSS Review
- Creating Tag Based Layouts
- Review of Classes and IDs
- Understanding Selectors
- CSS3 Selectors
- Introduction to Less
- What is Less?
- History of Less
- Benefits of Using Less
- How to Use Less
- Understanding Less Syntax
- Less Variables
- Parametric Mixins
- Mixins as Functions
- Conditional Mixins
- Importing and Working with Loops
- Creating and Managing Loops
- Working with Less Functions and Operations
- Adding, Subtracting, Dividing, and Multiplying Values
- Understanding Less Function Syntax
Request More Information About This Course