About This Course
The Build Mobile Apps with React Native training course will guide developers through the entire React Native development process. From setting up their development environments all the way to deploying an app to the app/play store. Along the way developers will learn how to work with many of the core React Native components and API’s, as well as best practices for file structure, styling, and more.
What Happy Developers Say
The instructor did a good job of adjusting content to meet different skill levels.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, making it easy to ask questions and provided good conversation about the topic at hand.
The instructor demonstrated strong broad knowledge as well as technical in-depth when appropriate
I liked that we could determine what to learn, no time was wasted.
I had trouble understanding a certain concept, and told the instructor that I just didn't get it. While the class was busy with an exercise, he sat down with me, gave me material to read, and made sure I understood it before I moved on. I really appreciated that.
The instructor has a great attitude and pacing. Amazing how much he knows about JS!
- Know the benefits of developing mobile applications with React Native.
- Set up an environment for running Android and iOS applications.
- Use many of the core React Native components.
- Use React Native API’s to add functionality to your app.
Developers who have some experience with React and are ready to leverage those skills to build robust, production-level mobile applications.
- What is React Native?
- Abstracting React from the DOM
- Advantages of React Native
- React Native vs Web Apps
- React Native vs React web
- Getting started
- Installing React Native
- iOS setup – XCode
- Android setup – Android Studio
- Run an example project in iOS and Android simulators
- Core React Native Components
- Establishing a layout with <View>
- Displaying text with <Text>
- Accepting user input with <TextInput>
- Adding images with <Image>
- Making components interactive with <TouchableHighlight>
- Displaying data with <ListView>
- Changing screens with <Navigator>
- Expanding touch capability with <GestureResponder> and <PanResponder>
- Issues with CSS
- Inline Styles
- Create Immutable style objects with Stylesheet.create
- Pass styles as props
- Positioning components with flexbox
- React Native APIs
- Using fetch to retrieve data
- Getting a user’s location and handling permissions
- Accessing stored photos with CameraRoll
- Adding animations
- Deploying to Apple App Store
- Deploying to Android Play Store
Instructors Who Teach This Course
Craig has been a developer f... read more
Elias Carlston has 20 years’ experience as a software engineer, from lean startups to large enterprises. Having great mentors early on showed Elias the value of sharing knowledge, and he enthusiastically embraces the opportunity to give back to the community through teaching. Beginning his career as a data analyst for a large non-profit clinic, he soon became a full stack developer. First, at ... read more
With backgrounds in technology, business and education, Jason brings a broad array of experience to BDA. He's been programming since he was a kid and currently runs a business, 303 Velocity, that builds iOS and Android apps for its clients. They also do consulting work to help publishers get more downloads and sales for their apps. He has taught mobile classes for Yahoo! and Intel employees an... read more