After being open-sourced in 2013, React has exploded in popularity and is showing no signs of slowing down. Now is the perfect time to familiarize yourself with this burgeoning front-end technology. This course is intended for developers of all experience levels who want to understand the fundamentals, principles, and capabilities of React.
The React Fundamentals and ES6 training course begins with a discussion of the advantages of React and how to construct basic components. We’ll then make our components interactive with state and demonstrate how data flows through multiple components using props. As our app grows in complexity, we’ll introduce some strategies for structuring your components in an intuitive, extensible manner. Finally, we’ll introduce some more advanced React topics like Flux and React Router. Along the way you’ll learn about ES6 concepts that are commonly used with React.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Understand the core concepts of React and how it works with ES6.
- Differentiate correctly between state and props.
- Handle AJAX requests and Events.
This is a three-day, hands-on course.
- What is React?
- Making components dynamic with state
- Adding state
- Passing props to children
- ES6: Arrow Functions
- ES6: Destructuring
- Advanced Component Characteristics
- Make changes with this.setState
- Lifecycle events
- Handling AJAX requests
- Styling components with CSS
- Styling components with inline styles
- App Architecture
- Presentational Components v Container Components
- Stateless Functional Components
- ES6: import/export
- Organizing your app with the Flux pattern
- Add routing with React Router
Request More Information About This Course