The Build Mobile Apps with React Native training course will guide developers through the entire React Native development process. From setting up their development environments all the way to deploying an app to the app/play store. Along the way developers will learn how to work with many of the core React Native components and API’s, as well as best practices for file structure, styling, and more.
Developers who have some experience with React and are ready to leverage those skills to build robust, production-level mobile applications.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Know the benefits of developing mobile applications with React Native.
- Set up an environment for running Android and iOS applications.
- Use many of the core React Native components.
- Use React Native API’s to add functionality to your app.
This is a three-day, hands-on course.
- What is React Native?
- Abstracting React from the DOM
- Advantages of React Native
- React Native vs Web Apps
- React Native vs React web
- Getting started
- Installing React Native
- iOS setup – XCode
- Android setup – Android Studio
- Run an example project in iOS and Android simulators
- Core React Native Components
- Establishing a layout with <View>
- Displaying text with <Text>
- Accepting user input with <TextInput>
- Adding images with <Image>
- Making components interactive with <TouchableHighlight>
- Displaying data with <ListView>
- Changing screens with <Navigator>
- Expanding touch capability with <GestureResponder> and <PanResponder>
- Issues with CSS
- Inline Styles
- Create Immutable style objects with Stylesheet.create
- Pass styles as props
- Positioning components with flexbox
- React Native APIs
- Using fetch to retrieve data
- Getting a user’s location and handling permissions
- Accessing stored photos with CameraRoll
- Adding animations
- Deploying to Apple App Store
- Deploying to Android Play Store
Request More Information About This Course