When React applications reach a certain level of complexity, it becomes beneficial to add an external state management library. This course is for developers who have a solid React foundation and are ready to push their skills, and their apps complexity, to the next level.
The Advanced React: Redux training course begins with a quick review of key architectural concepts, characteristics, and elements of React. We’ll go over the founding principles of Redux and the types of problems it solves. Then, we’ll move into an in-depth examination of Redux and demonstrate how to tie together a Redux store with actions and components. We’ll end with a brief discussion of some external tools commonly used alongside Redux.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Code intermediate level React applications using accepted patterns and best practices.
- Decide when and when not to use Redux.
- Implement Redux if it is needed.
This is a three-day, hands-on course.
- Review of ReactJS Fundamentals
- Separating view logic from behavior logic
- Redux Basics
- Flux vs Redux
- Benefits of Redux
- Choosing the right shape for your Redux store
- Principles of Redux
- Single source of truth
- State is immutable
- State is altered via pure functions
- Reducers & Action Creators
- Altering state with Reducers
- Calling Reducers by dispatching actions
- Make actions portable with action creators
- Connect Redux to React
- Bind React components to a Redux store using <Provider> and connect()
- Accessing state with mapStateToProps()
- Advantages of using Immutable with Redux
- Debugging with the Redux devtools chrome extension
- Adding URL’s to state with React-Router-Redux
Request More Information About This Course