About This Course
Python is a high level, versatile, object oriented programming language. Python has the dual advantage of being simple and easy to learn while also being powerful and highly effective. This makes it suitable for programmers of all backgrounds from experts to novices. Python was created in the early 1990s by Guido Van Rossum and has since been one of the most widely used programming languages. It was ranked third on a list of the top programming languages of 2016 in the IEEE spectrum magazine. One reason Python is so in demand is because it is a general-purpose programming language and serves a wide range of purposes. It is used in web development, software development, scientific computing, education, and desktop GUI creation. Python can be found in classrooms, tech companies and NASA among many other places. There are a few implementations of Python written in C, Java, and C#. Jython and IronPython are the implementations for Java and C# respectively.
The Advanced Python courses covers all of the advanced syntax, features, and related libraries that developers must know to be able to use the language effectively. Advanced Python begins with a quick review of some of the more prominent intermediate Python programming concepts, and then quickly transitions into an in-depth, hands-on examination of more commonly and less commonly used advanced Python features.
Where the Intermediate Python course scratches the surface on multi-threaded programming, the Advanced Python course dives in deeply, exploring the nooks and crannies associated with creating high-throughput multi-thread solutions. Similarly, the Advanced Python training course explores the more advanced OO programming used in modern software development, like Metaclasses.
This is a three-day hands-on course.
What Happy Developers Say
The instructor did a good job of adjusting content to meet different skill levels.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, making it easy to ask questions and provided good conversation about the topic at hand.
The instructor demonstrated strong broad knowledge as well as technical in-depth when appropriate
I liked that we could determine what to learn, no time was wasted.
I had trouble understanding a certain concept, and told the instructor that I just didn't get it. While the class was busy with an exercise, he sat down with me, gave me material to read, and made sure I understood it before I moved on. I really appreciated that.
The instructor has a great attitude and pacing. Amazing how much he knows about JS!
- Learn how to install and configure your development environment to support Python
- Create a basic stand-alone Python application
- Perform basic text-processing functionality using Python
- Create a modular application
Developers, Q/A, dev ops, and system administrators looking to adopt Python.
- Review Key Intermediate Python Concepts
- Advanced Python Syntax
- Generators, decorators, coroutines
- Processing pipelines
- Event streams
- Packaging and Multitasking
- Packaging using Setuptools / Distribute and PyPI
- Python Database API to External Databases and Web
- Acquiring Python database connection and setup
- Integration example: using Python with MySQL Database
- Integration example: MongoDB and PyMongo
- Bottle: Python Web Framework
- Web application development with Django
- Network Programming
- Socket Programming
- Web programming: urllib and WSGI
- Email handling
- HTML and XML Parsing
- Distributed Python
- dispy framework for parallel & distributed computations
- asyncoro framework for communication and cooperation among distributed tasks
Instructors Who Teach This Course
Craig has been a developer f... read more