The Node.js Fundamentals training course is designed to teach front-end developers to use Node.js to quickly build interactive web applications that are easily scalable, can handle high traffic loads, and are capable of being updated to respond to user feedback every single day.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Understand how Node.js works.
- Build Command Line Apps using Node and the Node Package Manager (npm).
- Build servers and handle complex routing with ExpressJS.
- Install, configure, and build basic apps with Socket.IO.
This is a three-day, hands-on course.
- Node.js Introduction
- What is Node?
- How does Node Work?
- Installing Node
- Node Core
- Building Command Line Apps
- Global and process objects
- Creating Node Modules
- Creating http servers
- Making http requests
- Node Package Manager and Express
- Introducing NPM and the Node community
- What is Express?
- Installing the Express Framework?
- First app.js Serving Static Files
- Error Handling
- Integrating CORS with Express
- Templating with Express
- Building RESTful API with Express
- Building Socket.IO Applications
- What is Socket.IO?
- Websockets, Polling, and Long Polling
- Installing Socket.IO?
- Configuring Socket.IO
- Building a basic chat room
- Using Socket.IO with Experss
- Creating a Game with Socket.IO
Request More Information About This Course