About This Course
The Node.js Fundamentals training course is designed to teach front-end developers to use Node.js to quickly build interactive web applications that are easily scalable, can handle high traffic loads, and are capable of being updated to respond to user feedback every single day.
What Happy Developers Say
The instructor did a good job of adjusting content to meet different skill levels.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, making it easy to ask questions and provided good conversation about the topic at hand.
The instructor demonstrated strong broad knowledge as well as technical in-depth when appropriate
I liked that we could determine what to learn, no time was wasted.
I had trouble understanding a certain concept, and told the instructor that I just didn't get it. While the class was busy with an exercise, he sat down with me, gave me material to read, and made sure I understood it before I moved on. I really appreciated that.
The instructor has a great attitude and pacing. Amazing how much he knows about JS!
- Understand how Node.js works.
- Build Command Line Apps using Node and the Node Package Manager (npm).
- Build servers and handle complex routing with ExpressJS.
- Install, configure, and build basic apps with Socket.IO.
- Node.js Introduction
- What is Node?
- How does Node Work?
- Installing Node
- Node Core
- Building Command Line Apps
- Global and process objects
- Creating Node Modules
- Creating http servers
- Making http requests
- Node Package Manager and Express
- Introducing NPM and the Node community
- What is Express?
- Installing the Express Framework?
- First app.js Serving Static Files
- Error Handling
- Integrating CORS with Express
- Templating with Express
- Building RESTful API with Express
- Building Socket.IO Applications
- What is Socket.IO?
- Websockets, Polling, and Long Polling
- Installing Socket.IO?
- Configuring Socket.IO
- Building a basic chat room
- Using Socket.IO with Experss
- Creating a Game with Socket.IO