The MEAN Foundations training course begins Node.js and lays a strong foundation in the platform and how to levarage its power. Next, it delves into single page front-end web development with AngularJS. Developers will interact with web services via AngularJS and the Express web application framework built on Node.js. Finally, it ends with an exploration of the NoSQL database, MongoDB.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Code a MEAN Stack Application.
- Develop Single Page Applications.
- Route the Single Page Application.
- Write Express Back-End Web Services.
- Consume Express Web Services.
- Develop AngularJS Reusable Services, Filters and Directives.
- Create and Query MongoDB Documents.
This is a five-day, hands-on course.
- Node.js Groundwork
- Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Asynchronous Programming, Callbacks & Events
- Angular Overview: Model-View-Whatever
- Binding, Scope, Modules, Controllers & Routing Single Page Applications
- Multiple and Views
- Built-in and Custom Directives
- Understanding the Digest Loop
- Filters and Expressions
- Forms and Validation
- Consuming Ajax Web Services via $http and $resource
- Promise Architecture
- Understanding Express
- HTTP Interaction
- Handling Query Parameters
- Handling Form Data
- Creating RESTful Services
- Consuming RESTful Services
- Getting Started with MongoDB
- Finding Documents
- Updating, Inserts, Upserts
- Data Modeling
Request More Information About This Course