Instead of polling for changes like a traditional database, RethinkDB pushes changes in realtime. It’s ideal for modern app development as it enables developers to work concurrently on the same project. It takes the best features of developer-oriented and operations-oriented database systems to provide an easy to setup and use database that also delivers on operational requirements like high-availability and easy scaling.
The Introduction to RethinkDB course will cover installation, setup, and querying in your preferred language, as well as an overview of API usage and capabilities.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Install and Start RethinkDB.
- Create Tables and Insert, Update and Delete Data.
- Use ReQL to Retrieve and Filter Data.
- Use RethinkDB’s API and Create Changefeeds.
This is a two-day hands-on course.
- How RethinkDB is Different
- From Other NoSQL Databases
- From SQL
- Installing the Server
- Installing Client Drivers
- Basic Data Types
Basic Database Functions
- ReQL Query Structure
- Creating Tables
- Inserting Data
- Retrieving Data
- Updating Data
- Deleting Data
- Filtering Results
- Using Primary Keys
- Accessing Nested Fields
- Creating and Using Changefeeds
- Using Changefeeds
Request More Information About This Course