About This Course
MongoDB is a document database made up collections of JSON style documents. MongoDB supports dynamic queries on documents using a document-based query language that's nearly as powerful as SQL. Mongo is very easy to scale out to millions of operations per second. Mongo collections can be queried extremely quickly and conversion/mapping of application objects to database objects is not needed. This saves teams quite a bit of time (vs. setting up tables and connections between tables).
The Introduction to MongoDB training course teaches developers how to work with and leverage MongoDB to create scalable NoSQL databases. This course covers the installation and setup of Mongo, MongoDB schema design fundamental, and building REST APIs with Node.js and Express.
What Happy Developers Say
The instructor did a good job of adjusting content to meet different skill levels.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, making it easy to ask questions and provided good conversation about the topic at hand.
The instructor demonstrated strong broad knowledge as well as technical in-depth when appropriate
I liked that we could determine what to learn, no time was wasted.
I had trouble understanding a certain concept, and told the instructor that I just didn't get it. While the class was busy with an exercise, he sat down with me, gave me material to read, and made sure I understood it before I moved on. I really appreciated that.
The instructor has a great attitude and pacing. Amazing how much he knows about JS!
- Learn how to setup and configure a basic MongoDB install.
- Work with indexing and schema design.
- Build REST APIs with Node.js and Express.
- What is MongoDB?
- What is MongoDB?
- How does it compare to RDBMS?
- How does Mongo fit into ‘big-data’?
- Core MongoDB Concepts
- Finding and downloading MongoDB
- The MongoDB environments and deployment models
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
- Performing standard DB operations with MongoDB
- The MongoDB Shell
- Performing basic CRUD operations
- Introduction to the MongoDB API
- Core concepts: Documents and Collections
- The PyMongo driver and the IPython Shell
- Designing Indexes and Schemas for MongoDB
- Core Indexing concepts
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Core Schema Concepts
- Learn from other’s: Exploring good and bad schema design case studies
- Practice makes perfect: Representing different domain models within MongoDB
- Creating schemas for atomic operations
- Setting up replication with Mongo
- Overview of replication concepts and requirements
- Defining and setting up replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- Understanding how sharding affects application design
- Creating shards
- Simple MongoDB Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Retrieving performant information from MongoDB
- Understanding what the data means
- Defining a performance tuning strategy
- Tuning process, measurement, and adjustments
- Additional Topics
- More administration commands
- Creating and working with GeoSpatial indexes
Instructors Who Teach This Course
Craig has been a developer f... read more
Elias Carlston has 20 years’ experience as a software engineer, from lean startups to large enterprises. Having great mentors early on showed Elias the value of sharing knowledge, and he enthusiastically embraces the opportunity to give back to the community through teaching. Beginning his career as a data analyst for a large non-profit clinic, he soon became a full stack developer. First, at ... read more
Kito D. Mann is the Principal Consultant at Virtua, Inc., specializing in enterprise application architecture, training, development, and mentoring with JavaServer Faces, HTML5, Web Components, portlets, Liferay, and Java EE technologies. He is also the editor-in-chief of JSFCentral.com (www.jsfcentral.com), co-host of the Enterprise Java Newscast (https://www.enterprisejavanews.com), and the a... read more
Kamren has a love of all things front-end and has enjoyed bringing his 10+ years of web development experience into each class he teaches. Recently Kamren has been working with a leading insurance company as a senior developer of front-end architecture and mobile web application design. He was instrumental in shaping their front-end development team and leading the company into single page appl... read more
Peter is a Senior Java Developer / Architect / Manager with over 20 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of computer systems, including 20 years of experience architecting and delivering web-based IT solutions. Peter manages and leads an experienced team of Java and object-oriented programming specialists that provide a wide range of technical services. Peter founded Jav... read more