MongoDB is a document database made up collections of JSON style documents. MongoDB supports dynamic queries on documents using a document-based query language that’s nearly as powerful as SQL. Mongo is very easy to scale out to millions of operations per second. Mongo collections can be queried extremely quickly and conversion/mapping of application objects to database objects is not needed. This saves teams quite a bit of time (vs. setting up tables and connections between tables).
The Introduction to MongoDB training course teaches developers how to work with and leverage MongoDB to create scalable NoSQL databases. This course covers the installation and setup of Mongo, MongoDB schema design fundamental, and building REST APIs with Node.js and Express.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Learn how to setup and configure a basic MongoDB install.
- Work with indexing and schema design.
- Build REST APIs with Node.js and Express.
This is a two-day hands-on course.
- What is MongoDB?
- What is MongoDB?
- How does it compare to RDBMS?
- How does Mongo fit into ‘big-data’?
- Core MongoDB Concepts
- Finding and downloading MongoDB
- The MongoDB environments and deployment models
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
- Performing standard DB operations with MongoDB
- The MongoDB Shell
- Performing basic CRUD operations
- Introduction to the MongoDB API
- Core concepts: Documents and Collections
- The PyMongo driver and the IPython Shell
- Designing Indexes and Schemas for MongoDB
- Core Indexing concepts
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Core Schema Concepts
- Learn from other’s: Exploring good and bad schema design case studies
- Practice makes perfect: Representing different domain models within MongoDB
- Creating schemas for atomic operations
- Setting up replication with Mongo
- Overview of replication concepts and requirements
- Defining and setting up replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- Understanding how sharding affects application design
- Creating shards
- Simple MongoDB Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Retrieving performant information from MongoDB
- Understanding what the data means
- Defining a performance tuning strategy
- Tuning process, measurement, and adjustments
- Additional Topics
- More administration commands
- Creating and working with GeoSpatial indexes
Request More Information About This Course