In this Handling Promises with Bluebird training course you will learn the basics of what a promise is, why it’s needed and how a promise is created. Once you have grasped the basics, you will learn how to handle promises smoothly using the bluebird promise library.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Basics of promises.
- The advantage of using promises over callbacks.
- Why bluebird is a superior promise handling option.
- All the features offered by Bluebird.
- How to use Bluebird.js.
- Using bluebird collections, timers, functions and more.
- How to handle common warnings and errors.
This is a one-day hands-on course.
- Promise Basics
- Asynchronous Operations
- What is a promise?
- States, Properties and Methods
- Promises vs. Callbacks
- Let’s make a promise
- Using then( ) commands
- Creating and testing promises
- Error handling
- Why use bluebird?
- Features of bluebird
- Get started with bluebird
- Core methods
- An example
- A bit about scoped prototypes
- Collection Methods and Managing Resources
- Iterables and working with arrays
- Bluebird features continued
- The promisify function
- Throw and return
- More useful functions
- Warnings and Errors
- Built in error types
- Configurations for error management
- Fixing common warnings and errors
Request More Information About This Course