Developers with experience writing ES5 who would like to implement the new ES6 features in their code.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- How to write and use advanced functions
- How to use timing
- How to use advanced concepts such as closures, module patterns and more
- Build faster web applications and minimize bugs
- How to use E6 features (template strings, promises, classes etc.)
This is a two-day hands-on course.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Using the Console
- Types: Primitive and Objects
Functions and Scope
- Invoking functions
- Nested Functions
- Variable and Scope
- Why use the Module Pattern?
- Creating modules of code with the module pattern
- What is a closure and how does it work?
- How to create a closure
- Using closures for methods
- Timing events
- Timers and Variables
- Timing loops
Develop and Test
- Good Coding Practices
- How to make your code run faster
- Arrow Functions
- Template literals
- Classes and modules
- Block level Scope
- Default parameters
Request More Information About This Course