JSP (JavaServer Pages) is a web application solution for Java. JSP helps developers create dynamically generated HTML web pages on the fly. JSP is similar to PHP, but it uses the powerful Java programming language instead.
The Java Web Development with JSP training course is the starting point for developers new to web development using the JSP technology. This course focuses on the key concepts, technologies, syntaxes, and best-practices required when building dynamic database driven web applications. The Introduction to JSP course begins with a review of client-side web development techniques, like XHTML and CSS, and concludes with a discussion around database integration using JDBC.
Developers with some basic programming and Java experience.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Learn how to create basic web applications using the servlet and JSP frameworks
- Comprehend the capabilities of the servlet API and when to use JSP instead
- Architect JSP applications using Model 1 and Model 2 architecture
This is a two-day hands-on course.
- What is Java EE?
- Examination of web development roles and processes
- History and Evolution of to server-side (back-end) development
- Hello World JSP
- Core JSP Syxntax: Expressions, Scriptlets, XML-syntax, Standard Actions, etc.
- JSP request / response processing using implicit variables
- Retrieving, validating, transforming, encapsulating, and manipulating request data with JavaBeans
- Managing application and user state data with Sessions and Cookies
- Processing application and HTTP-level errors
- Creating a database driven website using JDBC
Request More Information About This Course