The Jasmine Foundations training course explores how to use Jasmine to write test-driven and behavior-driven tests. It covers the core Jasmine concepts and shows how Jasmine compares to other JS testing frameworks.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Describe how Jasmine compares to other JS testing frameworks, like JSPec.
- Describe the Jasmine testing lifecycle.
- Implement tests, including spies and mocks.
This is a one-day hands-on course.
- Core Jasmine Testing Concepts
- Unit Tests
- Integration Tests
- Stubs, Spies, Mocks and Other Test Doubles
- What, When and How Much to Test
- BDD/TDD Overview
- Introduction to Jasmine
- Configuring Our Environment
- Getting Jasmine
- Setting Up
- Hello World!
- Other Expectation Frameworks (JSPec, Sinon, Chai)
- Jasmine Structure and Syntax
- Suites & Specs
- Deferring Tests
- Testing Time-based Logic
- Testing Asynchronous Logic
- Anatomy of a Test
- When Do I Test?
- What Do I Test?
- How Do I Test?
- How Do I Know My Test is Good?
- Automated Testing
- Console Testing with NodeJS
- Parallel Browser Testing with Karma
- Grunt Task Runner
- Headless Testing with PhantomJS
Request More Information About This Course