HTML5 is the fifth revision and newest version of the HTML standard. It offers new features that provide not only rich media support (video/audio), but also enhanced support for creating interactive web applications. This includes things like data storage, form validation, and improved element semantics.
Front-end web developers with prior HTML experience.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Differentiate between the core differences between older versions of HTML and XHTML and HTML5.
- Convert older HTML/XHTML pages into HTML5.
- Describe the limits between the browsers when it comes to the latest and greatest features and how to avoid problems between browsers.
This is a two-day, hands-on course.
- Web Development Basics
- Brief HTML history
- What’s HTML5?
- Where is HTML headed and what’s on the horizon?
- Updating your Webpages: DOCTYPES, Required Tags, and Major Shifts
- The Canvas Tag
- The Video Tag
- The Audio Tag
- Local Storage
- Web Workers
- CSS3: Simple Animations and Transitions
- “Old School” techniques – what’s now out of date?
- “New School” techniques – what’s fresh?
- Live examples and code to make the new HTML5 APIs shine
- Semantic Layouts vs Div-Based Layouts
- The new Semantic layout tags and how they’re used
- Why Semantic-based layout works and can boost your SEO
- Browser Limitations
- Cross-browser compatibility and considerations
Request More Information About This Course