Form validation is important anytime there is user input to a website. For example, when a customer is shopping online they need to fill out several required fields such as name, address, and credit card number. Form validation ensures that the fields are filled in properly and catches any error the user might have made while entering the information. Parsley.JS is a form validation library that simplifies this task. An alternative option is to use HTML. HTML5 the most recent version of HTML has added form validation features that were unavailable in previous versions.
Developers who want to add a useful form validation library to their toolkit.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- What form validation is and why you need it
- How to use built in, custom and remote validators
- How to use the new form validation features of HTML5
- How to use the Constraint Validation API
- How to style your forms and error messages the way you want
This is a one-day hands-on course.
What is form validation?
- Basic validation
- Data format validation
- Client side and Server side
- Install jQuery and Parsley
- Using Validators- built in, custom, remote
- Complex validation using events
- Extras directory
- New form validation capabilities in HTML5
- Input types
- Validation Attributes
- Syntax for constraint specification
- HTML5 Constraint API
- Combining Fields and Sizing
- Error Messages
- Data form
- A styling example
- Validating with the API
- Validating without the API
Request More Information About This Course