Backbone.js is a web application framework that facilitates the creation of full-stack applications. It help structure applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API, views with declarative event handling, and connects to existing APIs over a RESTful JSON interface.
The Backbone.js Fundamentals training course covers the fundamentals of Backbone and building applications with Backbone. This includes how to work with Models, Collections, Views, Routing, and Events. Developers will learn the Backbone way of architecting applications.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Proficiently code Backbone Single Page Applications.
- Understand the Relationship of Models and Controllers.
- Develop Individual and Collection Views.
- Route the Single Page Application.
- Utilize Backbone Best Practices.
- Consume RESTful Web Services.
- Automate a Backbonejs Build.
This is a two-day, hands-on course.
- Backbone.js Fundamentals
- Web Development Ecosystem
- Hello World Application
- Extending Backbone.Model
- Model Attributes
- Model Functions
- REST Services
- Extending Backbone.Collection
- Manipulating Collections
- Traversing a Collection
- Extending Backbone.View
- Rendering Content and Manipulating the DOM
- Templating with Underscore.js
- Templating with HandleBars.js
- Extending Backbone.Router
- Route Parameters
- Changing the Route
- Using the Router as a Controller
- Binding / Unbinding Events
- Event Gotchas (i.e. listenTo vs on)
- Triggering Events
- Event Aggregator
- Application View
- Application Architecture
- Building the Application for Deployment
Request More Information About This Course