Angular (aka Angular.js or AngularJS) is a web application framework that is developed and maintained by Google. It quickly became the most popular web application framework around 2013-2014. Angular gives developers everything they need to build full interactive data-driven applications.
The Advanced AngularJS with Test Driven Development covers advanced Angular topics while also covering how to write unit and E2E testing for Angular. The course starts with a brief review of HTML, CSS, and ES5 and Angular concepts (MVVM, Directives, Controllers, ES5 vs. ES6 features/syntax). It then jumps into how to setup dynamic routing and application states using ui-router. Test-driven development with Jasmine and ng-mocks is covered thoroughly. Responsive design best practices is given a half-day review. Developers will learn how to test each major Angular module type, including directives, controller, services, templates and events.
Upon completion of this course, developers will understand or know how to:
- Correctly utilize the major features of HTML5, CSS3, and ES5.
- Understand the difference between bind, call, and apply.
- Build basic Angular demo applications using directives, controllers, and services.
- Design applications to be responsive to mobile, tablet, laptop, and large monitor screen sizes.
- Setup routing for application states using ui-router.
- Independently test Angular modules using E2E and unit tests.
This is a five-day hands-on course.
- Automated Testing
- HTML5 and CSS3 Review
- Overview of HTML5
- Semantic Markup
- Semantic Tables
- Overview of CSS3
- Responsive Design and Media Queries
- Transitions, Transforms, Animations
- Introducing Frameworks and Responsive Design
- What are frameworks and why are they used?
- What is mobile first?
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding Media Queries
- Working with Grid Layouts
- ECMA Objects
- What is ECMAScript?
- Function Arguments
- Call and Apply
- Window Object
- Array Methods
- Binding Functions to Objects
- Design Patterns
- What are design patterns?
- Common JS Design Patterns
- Review of core AngularJS key concepts
- MVW framework
- UI-Router Nested Views
- UI-Router Multiple Views
- UI-Router Extras
- Provider Service
- Service Decorator
- Web Services
- $http VS $resource VS Restangular for REST
- Best Practices with AngularJS
- Angular Design Patterns
- Effective Angular testing strategies
- Angular scenario runner
- End-to-End (E2E) testing
- Simulating user interaction
- Navigating pages and routes
- Reloading pages
- Location object
- Setting expectations
- Page content interaction
- Handling Angular Binding
- Form interaction
- Testing loops
- Angular mocks (http mocks, etc)
- Angular Mocks library with ‘angular-mocks.js’
- Dependency injection
- Fake HTTP back-end with ‘$httpBackend’
- Setting expectations with ‘expect’
- Request handling
- Setting back-end definitions with ‘when’
- Stub responses and calls
- jasmine spies
- Writing Effective Tests
- Page content
- controllers, Unit and E2E
- filters, Unit and E2E
- directives, Unit and E2E
- services / factories, Unit and E2E
- templates, Unit and E2E
- events, Unit and E2E
Request More Information About This Course