Training, Supporting & Expanding jQuery WorldwideAs a member of the jQuery Community, appendTo understands and adheres to the ethos of the community surrounding jQuery. We follow the leadership and guidance of the jQuery Project where applicable and seek to serve not only the jQuery Project but also the jQuery Community as part of our operating practices.
Giving Back to the jQuery CommunityappendTo owes its existence in part, to the jQuery Project and the jQuery Community as well as those volunteers who have poured countless hours into making jQuery what it is today. We believe it is critical to sustain this body of work and are committed to giving back to the jQuery Community whenever we can.
- In general, appendTo, LLC seeks to establish itself as a responsible citizen of the jQuery Community. To that end we have developed a set of Guiding Principles by which we will strive to conduct ourselves as we operate within this community.
- appendTo aims to educate, support and provide solutions to the Front-End Web Development communities. Our founders have a history of contributing to the jQuery and other open source projects.
- We are passionate advocates for the free use of open source software.
- jQuery Community Members – We recognize the talents, contributions and leadership of the contributors to the jQuery Project. We seek to provide input and support to the Project in a form and to the extent that the Core Team determines is most useful to their objective.We recognize the need for a collaborative approach with jQuery Project contributors, to meet the needs of the jQuery community.
- End-Users – provide assurance, sustainability, and corporate integration of jQuery into the technology environments of end-user organizations.
- We recognize that the strength of the open source community is derived from the free and unfettered distribution and use of jQuery and any products developed from it.
- We don’t believe that any company has the right to monopolize, exploit or own the work product of or opportunities created through the voluntary work of others. To that end, we recognize and support the Open Standards Requirements for Software as set forth by the Open Source Initiative. www.opensource.org
- We maintain a strong dedication to social responsibility and community involvement.